As we scurry to and fro with our daily lives we tend to focus too often on the small things that seem big, while ignoring the big things that seem small. A friend shares her thoughts about such a moment 13 years ago. Her message is one we should all pay attention to.
“Thirteen years ago today my life was changed forever. After dodging an animal crossing the road I began to spin out of control and was stopped as my new vehicle hit a tree dead center and knocked the front end back past the firewall. I looked down to see my foot dangling off my leg. I was cut from the vehicle and placed in an ambulance. As I was rushed to the hospital and into surgery, my parents were told I would likely not survive and if I did, I would never walk again.
After many years, blood, sweat and tears, not to mention seven left leg surgeries, I might not run, but I certainly can walk. I ask you to walk with me as I share just what I have learned over these past 13 years:
* Slow down…..whatever is around the next corner now will still be there when you get there
* God isn’t finished with me yet.
* Never ever give up
* Baby steps still get you where you are going
* You can always go home…..ALWAYS
* YOU never walk alone
* If you really want to see me do great things….just tell me I can’t and I’ll show you I can
* BIG TREES DON’T MOVE”