A year ago, the Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) issued a report demonstrating that charter schools in 15 states—about one-third of the states with charter schools—had experienced over $100 million in reported fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Now a new report offers further evidence that the money we know has been misused is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the past 12 months, millions of dollars of new alleged and confirmed financial fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in charter schools have come to light, bringing the new total to over $200 million.
Donate to This Blog
Larry Lee researches and writes on educational topics and Alabama public schools.
Subscribe Via Email!
- Chatom Elementary Gets A Rating On State Report Card October 18, 2019
- With Brelinda Sullen, It’s All About Love October 17, 2019
- What Charter Commission Is Yet To Understand October 16, 2019
- 1,300+ Posts And Counting October 15, 2019
- Once Again, Woodland Prep Tips Its Hand October 14, 2019