A year ago, the Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) issued a report demonstrating that charter schools in 15 states—about one-third of the states with charter schools—had experienced over $100 million in reported fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Now a new report offers further evidence that the money we know has been misused is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the past 12 months, millions of dollars of new alleged and confirmed financial fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in charter schools have come to light, bringing the new total to over $200 million.
Donate to This Blog
Larry Lee researches and writes on educational topics and Alabama public schools.
Subscribe Via Email!
- A Closer Look At Accountability Act And Student Performance September 24, 2018
- Anniston Star Sees Little Value In Accountability Act September 22, 2018
- An Honest Look At Education Today September 20, 2018
- Honk If You Have Seen Jason Taylor September 18, 2018
- Two Weeks And Counting September 16, 2018