A year ago, the Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) issued a report demonstrating that charter schools in 15 states—about one-third of the states with charter schools—had experienced over $100 million in reported fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Now a new report offers further evidence that the money we know has been misused is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the past 12 months, millions of dollars of new alleged and confirmed financial fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in charter schools have come to light, bringing the new total to over $200 million.
Donate to This Blog
Larry Lee researches and writes on educational topics and Alabama public schools.
Subscribe Via Email!
- My Son Has Some Thought-Provoking Comments In His Latest Article April 14, 2021
- When It Comes To Education, Too Many Legislators Just Don’t Get It April 11, 2021
- A Sudden Fall From Grace April 8, 2021
- Josh Moon Takes Del Marsh To The Woodshed April 8, 2021
- Charlotte Meadows Wants To Divert More Money From Public Schools April 7, 2021