A year ago, the Center for Popular Democracy (CPD) issued a report demonstrating that charter schools in 15 states—about one-third of the states with charter schools—had experienced over $100 million in reported fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement. Now a new report offers further evidence that the money we know has been misused is just the tip of the iceberg. Over the past 12 months, millions of dollars of new alleged and confirmed financial fraud, waste, abuse, and mismanagement in charter schools have come to light, bringing the new total to over $200 million.
Donate to This Blog
Larry Lee researches and writes on educational topics and Alabama public schools.
Subscribe Via Email!
- This Is What Education Is REALLY All About May 17, 2019
- Once Again, Woodland Prep Charter Puts Out Bogus Info May 16, 2019
- Time For A Full-Scale Investigation Of The Charter School Commission May 15, 2019
- This Is Soner Tarim’s Six-bedroom Home In Texas. Now Some Folks Want Alabama Taxpayers To Send Him Money. May 14, 2019
- State Superintendent Eric Mackey’s First Evaluation Leaves A Lot To Be Desired May 11, 2019